Monday, October 29, 2007

Baggles and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Weekend

Well this past weekend was just freaking awful for me and my two sports teams. The Redskins get destroyed by God (a.k.a. Tom Brady) and the Rockies get swept in the World Series.

Okay so the Rockies aren't really my team. But I couldn't help but like them after their pretty much unprecedented winning streak. They could've at least won one game in the Series. It was just too easy for the Red Sox. If there is any comfort for me in this it is that the Sox didn't have to try very hard to win. It was not a dramatic or competitive World Series. No real baseball fan wants such a short, straightforward sweep in the World freaking Series. We want drama and competition and unpredictability! But it is what it is and what it is sucks ass.

Now while I knew the Redskins were going to lose I thought they might at least put up a fight. I could not help but laugh when I turned the game on late in the 4th quarter and it was 52-0. Tom Brady is inhuman. He does not belong on Earth. Heaven is missing their starting quarterback. Get it yet?

The Redskins didn't really help themselves out by playing awful football. I mean just damn terrible. All I can do now is pray that they recover from this obliteration and kick the Jets square in the nuts. I am getting Goddamn tired of waiting for the Redskins to be a consistently good and competitive team. They have the talent. So what the Hell is going on?!?!

No comments: